- Don’t be fooled by the misinformation about cures and treatments for COVID-19 circulating on social media. Get your information from trusted sources. For myth-busting and accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19 Australia, view our mythbusting page.
- The Prime Minister has announced $48.1 million in funding for the National Mental Health and Wellbeing Pandemic Response Plan. The plan will support services available in homes, workplaces, aged care, schools and other community sites with a specific focus on vulnerable groups.
- Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus is important and support is available. For personal crisis and mental health support services you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348 at any time. Go to the emergency support and assistance page for information about additional services that can help you.
- The Australian Government has announced it will extend the exemption on mutual obligations for job seekers up to 1 June 2020. For further information, visit jobactive.
- The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps health officials support and protect you, your friends and family. The app is now available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Financial assistance is available to support individuals, households and businesses.
- Physical distancing measures are still in place across Australia. However, some states are revising restrictions on public gatherings. Check State and Territory websites for the rules where you live.
- A national three step plan to relax coronavirus restrictions has been announced, with states and territories to decide when each step will be implemented locally.