- The Australian Government is providing an additional $205 million in specific COVID-19 aged care funding and has released a draft Code of Conduct for visitations to residents in aged care. Read more.
- National Cabinet will consider the first phase of easing coronavirus restrictions next Friday 8 May. Decisions will be based on expert medical advice. Read more.
- National Cabinet has endorsed a pathway for the staged return of community and professional sport. The states and territories will be responsible for implementing the return, taking account of local epidemiology, risk mitigation strategies and public health capability. Read more.
- Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus is important and support is available. For personal crisis and mental health support services you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636 at any time. Go to the emergency support and assistance page for information about additional services that can help you.
- The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps health officials support and protect you, your friends and family. The app is now available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Physical distancing measures are still in place across Australia. However, some states are revising restrictions on public gatherings. Check State and Territory websites for the rules where you live.