Closes 8 November 2019.
On 17 September 2019, the Senate announced that the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee will be undertaking an inquiry into the management of the Inland Rail project by the Australian Rail Track Corporation and the Commonwealth Government.
The committee invites individuals and organisations to send in their opinions and proposals in writing, with particular reference to:
- financial arrangements of the project
- route planning and selection processes;
- connections with other freight infrastructure, including ports and intermodal hubs;
- engagement on route alignment, procurement and employment;
- urban and regional economic development opportunities;
- collaboration between governments;
- interaction with National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy; and
- any other related matters.
Click here for more information on the inquiry and how to make a submission. Submissions close on 8 November 2019.
Consultation open for submissions until: