NTC recognises that the current law is not best practice – it’s outdated, complex, long, prescriptive and does not support road safety outcomes. The NTC are going back to basics to review the law from first principles.
The HVNL Review will result in performance-based and outcomes-focused regulation that will:
- improve safety for all road users
- support increased economic productivity and innovation
- simplify administration and enforcement of the law
- support the use of new technologies and methods of operation, and
- provide flexible, outcome-focused compliance options.
There are several ways for you to have your say:
- Join the conversation and share your ideas for improving the Heavy Vehicle National Law
- Open consultation on Risk-based Regulation – closes Friday 31 May 2019
- Open consultation on Effective Fatigue Management – closes Friday 16 August 2019
- Open consultation on Easy Access to Suitable Routes – closes Friday 16 August 2019
- Open consultation on Safe People and Practices – closes Friday 30 August 2019
- Open consultation on Vehicle Standards and Safety – closes Friday 30 August 2019
Courtesy of National Transport Commission