In a special announcement at the Brisbane Truck Show, the Australian Trucking Association and Teletrac Navman welcomed the 2021 Driving Change Diversity Program champions, who come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, from truck driving and operation management through to training and administration.
The inaugural 2020 program saw an overwhelming amount of support from businesses and industry members, demonstrating an understanding of the importance of celebrating and embracing diversity.
The 2021 Driving Change Diversity Program will showcase its champions through a social media storytelling series, highlighting the diverse and varied opportunities on offer in the Australian trucking industry.
Champions will then be hosted at the ATA’s Trucking Australia conference in September for an intensive workshop where they will learn how to create change and facilitate diversity in their workplace and community, share personal insights, and develop clear action items on how to drive change within industry.
The 2021 Driving Change Diversity Champions are:
- Melissa Barry, NatRoad
- Sarah-Jane Collins, Australian Livestock and Rural Transporters Association
- Erin Compitiello, Victorian Transport Association
- Kerri Connors, Tasmanian Transport Association
- Lisa Fraser, Teletrac Navman
- Nicki French, Australian Furniture Removers Association
- Peta Gowans, Teletrac Navman
- David Haoust, Teletrac Navman
- Shane McLoughlin, TruckSafe
- Courtney Sertdemir, Road Freight NSW
- Hossain Someh, Queensland Trucking Association
- Hannah Stewart, Teletrac Navman
- Bronwyn Wilson, Teletrac Navman