We have a position available now for an experienced Bookkeeper/Finance Officer in our small, busy team. You will have experience across the Bookkeeping/Finance function for a small business, preferably in the transport/trucking industry.
Initally, you will use accounting software ABM. You will also have experience with Xero, to assist with us moving to this cloud-based accounting software.
Working hours – Initially working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm. As we are a small, busy team flexibility in working hours is essential due to current circumstances and to ensure work is completed within deadlines, and to cover other employees on leave.
Your responsibilities will include –
- Working independently to complete bookkeeping/finance duties within deadlines.
- Invoicing Dantrans deliveries and retail sales for landscape supplies
- General ledger reconciliation
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Completing financial information to be sent to Accountant
- Stocktake for Darling Downs Brick Sales
- Assisting with the implementation of Xero and process improvement.
- Working cooperatively, answering phones and taking messages as a member of a small team
- Other finance, sales and administration duties as requested.
As the successful applicant you will have:
- Experience across the bookkeeping/finance function of a small business (Experience in the transport/trucking industry is highly desirable).
- Experience using accounting software including Xero.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Excel in particular.
- Good numerical and financial skills with accuracy.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, customer service and telephone skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills and ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ablity to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a small team.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required, with notice.
Start now – for Handover/training.
We would like to appoint the suitable Candidate as soon as possible to be able to provide you with a handover/training. Your application will be considered for shortlisting as soon as we receive it. If you have any questions phone Kim Lundgaard, General Manager on 0400 013 838 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 17 April 2020