- The Aviation industry underpins Australian business and tourism and has an estimated annual revenue of $46 billion, adding $15.3 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16.
- The industry employs more than 90,000 people across its five main sub-sectors: domestic commercial aviation, international commercial aviation, general aviation, air-freight transport and aviation support infrastructure.
- There is an ongoing need for baggage and ground crew staff due to the increase of passenger and cargo movement by air in the Asia-Pacific area.
- Demand for domestic pilots is still strong, Boeing predicts the world will need 533,000 new commercial airline pilots by 2033, with 41% of these new jobs created in the AsiaPacific region.
COVID-19: Support for Queensland's Aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package – provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program – provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance – offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
Latest Aviation Industry News
The Toowoomba Regional Skills Investment (RSIS) project is an initiative between Toowoomba Regional Council and the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training, to identify current and emerging jobs, and to ensure there is a supply of skilled local people to...
Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills Project Regardless of which industry you’re currently working in, you’ll be impacted by multiple supply chains each and every day. Most likely you’re part of a supply chain, be it moving people, products, data or...
The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) held it's RPA's in Australian Skies 2019 convention in Canberra on July 17-18. Over 250 delegates came together to discuss the safe integration of Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) into the national...