- The Aviation industry underpins Australian business and tourism and has an estimated annual revenue of $46 billion, adding $15.3 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16.
- The industry employs more than 90,000 people across its five main sub-sectors: domestic commercial aviation, international commercial aviation, general aviation, air-freight transport and aviation support infrastructure.
- There is an ongoing need for baggage and ground crew staff due to the increase of passenger and cargo movement by air in the Asia-Pacific area.
- Demand for domestic pilots is still strong, Boeing predicts the world will need 533,000 new commercial airline pilots by 2033, with 41% of these new jobs created in the AsiaPacific region.
COVID-19: Support for Queensland's Aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package – provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program – provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance – offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
Latest Aviation Industry News
AVI 3D Computed Tomography Scanning Project - Final draft case for endorsement The draft Aviation Training Package materials have undergone independent edit and quality assurance, and are now available to view. Final drafts will be submitted to the AISC in April...
The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) is conducting research on what’s important for the growth of the Australian drone industry and would love to hear from you. They plan on using the information to shape their advocacy strategy moving forward. The...
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has opened a special sponsorship round for organisations or individuals active in promoting drone safety in Australia. Sponsorship can cover activities such as conferences, workshops and seminars, safety forums, educational...