- The Aviation industry underpins Australian business and tourism and has an estimated annual revenue of $45.98 billion, adding $18.42 billion to the Australian economy in 2018.
- The industry employs more than 93,000 people across its five main sub-sectors: domestic commercial aviation, international commercial aviation, general aviation, air-freight transport and aviation support infrastructure.
- There is an ongoing need for baggage and ground crew staff due to the increase of passenger and cargo movement by air in the Asia-Pacific area.
- Demand for domestic pilots is still strong, Boeing predicts the world will need 533,000 new commercial airline pilots by 2033, with 41% of these new jobs created in the AsiaPacific region.
COVID-19: Support for Queensland's Aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package – provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program – provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance – offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
- Australian Industry Standards – Aviation Industry Reference Committee
- Australian Industry and Skills Committee – National Industry Insights – Aviation
- Australian Aviation
- Australian Association for Unmanned Systems
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- Aviation/Aerospace Australia
- Regional Aviation Association of Australia
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
- Australian Federation of Air Pilots
- Australian Airports Association
- Australian Helicopter Industry Association
- Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools
Latest Aviation Industry News
The draft Case for Endorsement and training package materials for the Aviation Industry Skills Project, were submitted to the Australian Industry & Skills Committee (AISC) in October 2020. At its meeting on 2 December 2020, the AISC approved Aviation Training...
The Australian Government has further extended key assistance measures to support domestic aviation, as well as announcing the appointment of a Future of Aviation Reference Panel as the aviation sector works to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Deputy Prime Minister...
Final draft materials for the AVI Remotely Piloted Aircraft - Excluded Category Operators project, have undergone independent edit and quality assurance and are now available to view. Feedback from public consultation centred on checking the operational sequence of...