- The Aviation industry underpins Australian business and tourism and has an estimated annual revenue of $45.98 billion, adding $18.42 billion to the Australian economy in 2018.
- The industry employs more than 93,000 people across its five main sub-sectors: domestic commercial aviation, international commercial aviation, general aviation, air-freight transport and aviation support infrastructure.
- There is an ongoing need for baggage and ground crew staff due to the increase of passenger and cargo movement by air in the Asia-Pacific area.
- Demand for domestic pilots is still strong, Boeing predicts the world will need 533,000 new commercial airline pilots by 2033, with 41% of these new jobs created in the AsiaPacific region.
COVID-19: Support for Queensland's Aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package – provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program – provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance – offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
- Australian Industry Standards – Aviation Industry Reference Committee
- Australian Industry and Skills Committee – National Industry Insights – Aviation
- Australian Aviation
- Australian Association for Unmanned Systems
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- Aviation/Aerospace Australia
- Regional Aviation Association of Australia
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
- Australian Federation of Air Pilots
- Australian Airports Association
- Australian Helicopter Industry Association
- Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools
Latest Aviation Industry News
Closing Friday 6 May 2022. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the AVI Aviation Supervision project has released draft training materials and is inviting feedback. Security Screening Supervisors are needed to supervise the implementation of aviation security...
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the Chief Remote Pilot Project, have considered all stakeholder feedback and have released revised draft training materials. A new Diploma of Aviation Chief Remote Pilot (CRP) and four new Units of Competency have been...
Closing Thursday 10 March 2022. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the Aviation Air Traffic Control Project have considered all stakeholder feedback and are now seeking validation of revised draft training materials. The Diploma of Aviation (Air Traffic...