- The Aviation industry underpins Australian business and tourism and has an estimated annual revenue of $45.98 billion, adding $18.42 billion to the Australian economy in 2018.
- The industry employs more than 93,000 people across its five main sub-sectors: domestic commercial aviation, international commercial aviation, general aviation, air-freight transport and aviation support infrastructure.
- There is an ongoing need for baggage and ground crew staff due to the increase of passenger and cargo movement by air in the Asia-Pacific area.
- Demand for domestic pilots is still strong, Boeing predicts the world will need 533,000 new commercial airline pilots by 2033, with 41% of these new jobs created in the AsiaPacific region.
COVID-19: Support for Queensland's Aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package – provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program – provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance – offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
- Australian Industry Standards – Aviation Industry Reference Committee
- Australian Industry and Skills Committee – National Industry Insights – Aviation
- Australian Aviation
- Australian Association for Unmanned Systems
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- Aviation/Aerospace Australia
- Regional Aviation Association of Australia
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia
- Australian Federation of Air Pilots
- Australian Airports Association
- Australian Helicopter Industry Association
- Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools
Latest Aviation Industry News
The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) is proud to be hosting its second Industry Awards night to recognise individuals and organisations that have made a significant contribution to the Australian unmanned systems industry. Winners will be announced...
The A20 - Aviation/Aerospace Australia Airspace Awards dinner and awards ceremony will be held on 1 April 2020 at the Melbourne Museum, Victoria, celebrating and acknowledging oustanding achievements and achievers in Australia's aviation and aerospace sectors....
As part of the Cross Sector Supply Chain Skills Project, the final draft Units of Competency and Skill Sets, along with the Companion Volume Implementation Guide compendium, have now been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) as part of...