- The Aviation industry underpins Australian business and tourism and has an estimated annual revenue of $46 billion, adding $15.3 billion to the Australian economy in 2015-16.
- The industry employs more than 90,000 people across its five main sub-sectors: domestic commercial aviation, international commercial aviation, general aviation, air-freight transport and aviation support infrastructure.
- There is an ongoing need for baggage and ground crew staff due to the increase of passenger and cargo movement by air in the Asia-Pacific area.
- Demand for domestic pilots is still strong, Boeing predicts the world will need 533,000 new commercial airline pilots by 2033, with 41% of these new jobs created in the AsiaPacific region.
COVID-19: Support for Queensland's Aviation sector
- Australian Airline Financial Relief Package – provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges
- Regional Air Network Support Program – provides funding to assist domestic commercial airlines continue services to regional and remote locations and connect regional Australia to freight, medical testing, supplies and essential personnel
- Regional Airline Funding Assistance – offers direct financial support to smaller regional airlines so they can continue to provide essential air links.
COVID safe domestic flying
A Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol has been developed by the Australian aviation industry for airline passengers and workers, to provide guidance in minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Find out more about the Domestic Passenger Journey Protocol.
Latest Aviation Industry News
The Regional Airline Network Support Program was announced as part of the Australian Government’s response to the economic impact of COVID-19 and in response to its unprecedented and likely sustained impact on the domestic airline industry. The objective of the...
Support for Queensland's aviation sector Australian Airline Financial Relief Package - provides the Australian domestic airline industry relief from a range of taxes and government charges Regional Air Network Support Program - provides funding to assist domestic...
Closing Monday 29 June 2020. The Aviation Industry Skills Technical Advisory Committee has reviewed feedback received during the public consultation on draft materials for the AVI Industry Skills project and are now seeking feedback to validate these drafts to ensure...