The Aviation Industry Reference Committee has submitted the Case for Endorsement and draft Training Package materials for Aviation Training Package Release 10.0 to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee for consideration at its meeting on 17 August 2022.
This latest release includes work on the following projects:
- Air Traffic Control: The Diploma of Aviation (Air Traffic Control) and nine associated Units of Competency have been updated to address changes in technology, and national standards associated with the role of an air traffic controller.
- Aviation Supervision: There are two new qualification streams in the Cert IV Aviation (Supervision):
- The Security Screening stream will support the requirements for lead screeners to supervise the implementation of aviation security preventive measures and monitor the quality of the performance of various tasks which contribute to the safety and security of passengers, crew, ground personnel, and the general public.
- The Flight Operations stream will enable workforce development for supervisors who co-ordinate all activities on the ground at an airport to ensure the safe, quick, and efficient turnaround of aircraft from when they land to the time they depart.
- Chief Remote Pilot: A new Diploma of Aviation Chief Remote Pilot (CRP) and four new Units of Competency have been drafted to address processes and procedures in the drone industry. These occupational skills standards will enable safety improvements, support regulatory and procedural leadership, and the mobility of workers in this expanding industry.
- Commercial Pilot Helicopter: The Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter) and 10 Units of Competency have been revised to ensure consistency with current helicopter operations and procedures and to align the qualification with the CASA helicopter licence.
You can view the draft training materials and Case for Endorsement by clicking on any of the relevant project links above.