Deadline extended to 8 November 2019.
On 11 September 2019, the Senate announced that the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee will be undertaking an inquiry into the importance of a viable, safe, sustainable and efficient road transport industry.
- the importance of an enforceable minimum award rate and sustainable standards and conditions for all stakeholders in the road transport industry;
- the development and maintenance of road transport infrastructure to ensure a safe and efficient road transport industry;
- the regulatory impact, including the appropriateness, relevance and adequacy of the legislative framework, on all stakeholders in the road transport industry;
- the training and career pathways to support, develop and sustain the road transport industry;
- the social and economic impact of road-related injury, trauma and death;
- efficient cost-recovery measures for industry stakeholders, including subcontractors;
- the impact of new technologies and advancements in freight distribution, vehicle design, road safety and alternative fuels;
- the importance of establishing a formal consultative relationship between the road transport industry and all levels of government in Australia; and
- other related matters.
Consultation open for submissions until: