The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) have released the report – Government-funded students and courses – January to September 2019. This publication provides a summary of data relating to students, programs, subjects and training providers in Australia’s government-funded vocational education and training (VET) system.
In the first nine months to 30 September 2019, 1 011 000 students were enrolled in government-funded vocational education and training (VET). They included:
- 972 900 students enrolled in nationally recognised training
- 76 100 students enrolled in non-nationally recognised training.
Government-funded program enrolments comprised:
- 90.0% in nationally recognised programs
- 5.5% in locally developed programs
- 4.5% in non-nationally recognised programs.
86.7% of program enrolments were in qualifications:
- 78.3% of program enrolments were in training packages
- 8.4% were in accredited qualifications.
For qualification enrolments:
- 47.2% were at certificate III level
- 18.5% of qualifications were at certificate IV level.