The Australian Government launched its Aviation Recovery Framework on 20 December 2021.
The Framework is underpinned by six strategic priorities, including:
- supporting aviation efficiency by targeting investment and enhancing regulatory settings to help businesses across the entire industry to thrive;
- building a sustainable pipeline of workforce skills for the future;
- adopting and integrating emerging aviation technologies, including drones;
- modernising airports regulation to ensure Australia has the aviation infrastructure it needs for the future;
- revitalising General Aviation to help it realise its potential in supporting business and the community, especially in our regions; and
- better connecting regional communities by providing targeted support for access to essential aviation services and investing in regional aviation infrastructure.
To support the implementation of the Framework, a new Strategic Aviation Advisory Forum will advise the Government on progress of the sector’s recovery, as well as issues affecting the industry moving forward.
To boost the industry’s recovery and growth, the Government is providing further support, including:
- a $30 million rebate program to support general and recreational aviation operators to install critical safety-boosting technology in their aircraft, enhancing safety outcomes across the sector;
- a further $4 million to extend the Women in the Aviation Industry Initiative, to fund initiatives aimed at increasing the number of females working in the sector;
- the $32.6 million Emerging Aviation Technology Partnerships Program, which will accelerate the development of new aviation technology, such as drones;
- extending the Regional Airline Network Support program until March 31 2022;
- up to $29 million in grants under a third round of the Regional Airports Program to improve the safety and accessibility of airports or aerodromes in regional Australia; and
- a further $15 million in grants to upgrade remote and very remote aerodromes across Australia under the Remote Airstrip Upgrade program.