The Local Jobs Program runs to 30 June 2022 and supports tailored approaches to accelerate reskilling, upskilling and employment in 25 regions across Australia. The program aims to ensure the maximum number of people are placed in appropriate employment or training opportunities as quickly as possible to meet employer needs as labour markets recover.
A Local Recovery Fund will be available across the regions for Activity proposals that meet the priorities identified in the Local Jobs Plans. Stakeholders are encouraged to work in collaboration with local Employment Facilitators and Local Jobs and Skills Taskforces to develop proposals that best address the priorities identified in the Jobs Plan for their region. Proposed activities should be designed to address employment and training priorities and identify opportunities to better skill participants to meet local employer demand.
Local Employment Facilitators:
- Cairns – Tamilyn Brennan, ph. 0409 763 507, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gold Coast – Vicki Whybird, email – Vicki.Whybird@dese.gov.au
- Townsville – Murray Lehmann, email – Murray.Lehmann@dese.gov.au
- Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast – Austin Ryann, email – email@example.com
- Wivenhoe – Contessa Hall, email – Contessa.HALL@dese.gov.au
View the Local Jobs Plans for the selected regions in Queensland:
- Cairns Local Jobs Plan
- Gold Coast Local Jobs Plan
- Townsville Local Jobs Plan
- Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast Local Jobs Plan
- Wivenhoe Local Jobs Plan
Stakeholders from the selected regions are now invited to bring forward proposals for Round 1 of the Fund. Proposals can be lodged from Tuesday 3 November until 3:00pm Monday 30 November (Canberra time).