On behalf of the Industry Reference Committees (IRC’s) that Australian Industry Standards (AIS) supports, the eleven 2019 IRC Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work documents have been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).
The IRC Skills Forecasts focus on the prioritisation of the skill needs of the industry sectors each IRC has responsibility for. Each Skills Forecast contains the following sections:
- an Industry Overview including information on the businesses involved, stakeholders and the challenges and opportunities that currently face them
- Employment and Skills Outlook, which contains data about employment and skills needs
- Key Drivers for Change, which sets out regulatory and legislative changes and issues raised in stakeholder consultations, including the 2018 Industry Skills Forums and Industry Leaders Dinners
- Proposed Responses to these issues, explaining what occupations may be affected.
The Skills Forecasts are deliberately brief. They are a snapshot of a continually evolving story, intended to alert and inform a wide audience about the most prominent issues facing your industry sectors and to enhance the industry’s capacity to act.
The Proposed Schedule of Work follows the Skills Forecast and clearly articulates the IRCs’ year-on-year priorities for Training Package review and development across the four-year forward period. Project details specific to 2019-2020 projects are further broken down with a description, rationale, consultation plan and the scope of the project. AIS will alert all registered stakeholders once the AISC provide information on work commissioned, which will result in Training Package review and development.
This work will become part of the overall National Schedule across all IRCs in the National Training System. The Schedule is a single source of information for industry stakeholders who would like to be involved in consultations about skills needs in their sector. It enables government and VET regulators to better plan their engagement and related activities.
View your industry IRC Skills Forecast here:
- Aviation IRC Skills Forecast 2019
- Maritime IRC Skills Forecast 2019
- Rail IRC Skills Forecast 2019
- Transport & Logistics IRC Skills Forecast 2019
Courtesy of Australian Industry Standards